You bought a sump pump, installed it in the pit, and sealed it perfectly. Now it’s time for some action.
But how do you keep track of it’s action? I mean, it’s not practical for you to sit in the crawlspace to check whether the pump is running or not.
Well, if you are looking for a way to keep the track of your pump, PumpSpy PSO1000 is something you will love. It is a unique method that monitors your sump pump 24×7 and makes sure that it’s working properly. And not just that, it ensures your peace of mind and good sleep at night.
In this PumpSpy review, you will get to know its every feature, detailed benefits, and the issues you might face.
Table of Contents
- Introducing PumpSpy PSO1000 Sump Pump Smart Outlet
- Problems You Might Face
- PumpSpy Review: Features And Benefits
Introducing PumpSpy PSO1000 Sump Pump Smart Outlet
PumpSpy Technology has brought you the PSO1000 smart outlet. This little machine is designed to check on your pump and keep you updated. It is 24×7 Wi-Fi connected and sends you texts and emails when a problem arises.
You will be notified about the high water level, main pump failure, power outage, or any other issue you can think of.
Here is some important information you should check out.
PumpSpy PSO1000 Smart Outlet Specifications:
- Manufacturer: PumpSpy Technology.
- Model number: PSO1000.
- It weighs about 12 ounces.
- Product dimension: 6x4x3 inches.
- Power source: AC.
- It keeps your sump pump Wi-Fi-connected 24×7.
- It can send texts, emails, and notifications to your device.
- Apple and android offer free PumpSpy apps.
- It is assembled in the USA.
- Makes your sump pump a Wi-Fi connected smart pump
- Free monitoring included, connects your sump pump to PumpSpy's 24/7 monitoring service
- PumpSpy sends text messages, emails and app alerts to your smart phone, tablet and computer if your sump pump has a problem
- Apple and android PumpSpy apps available for free download
- Includes high water sensor & alerts, no additional equipment required
As an Amazon Associate PumpHow earns from qualifying purchases
What We Like About This Product
- The installation is quite easy.
- It comes with a long warranty.
- It provides you detailed cycle info: today cycle amount, last cycle length, etc.
- It sends you texts, emails during emergencies. It watches over your pump when you are away.
- It has a high and strong water sensor.
- It alerts you even during a power outage.
What We Don’t Like
- You may not be able to delete the alert history.
- Customers had problems changing the Wi-Fi network.
Who Is This Product For?
PumpSpy technology is for everyone who owns a sump pump and a battery backup system. Sometimes you miss the alarm of the pump and find your basement flooded. That’s why a PumpSpy outlet sending alerts to your cellular device can be quite handy.
No wonder, it is getting more and more popular among homeowners nowadays.
Here is a list below. If you can relate to any of these circumstances, you need a PumpSpy PSO1000 plugged into your sump pump.
- You stay away from home a lot. You can’t keep an eye on the pump every day.
- You live in a low-lying area where it rains most of the time. You need to be sure that your pump is running.
- You want to get notified when there is something wrong with the pump.
- Your sump pump has a previous record of malfunctioning during an emergency.
Problems You Might Face
Though customers love this new technology, there are some complaints too. And it would be unfair if you don’t get to know about the cons before buying it.
Okay, so here we go.
Trouble Getting It Connected To Wi-Fi
It is a common complaint from homeowners. People had trouble getting the smart outlet connected to Wi-Fi.
Follow the guidelines to solve this problem.
- Unplug it from the sump pump and wait for a minute.
- Then plug it again carefully.
- Now, follow the same connecting procedure. We have described this process in the “features and benefits” section below.
Changing Your Wi-Fi Setting
Changing the Wi-Fi server is another hassle. People don’t get the option to change Wi-Fi in their settings. And they get panicked.
You can solve this issue by following the guidelines.
- Unplug it from the sump pump and wait for a minute.
- Now plug it again.
- Go to settings. Press and hold the Wi-Fi setup button for some seconds. Release it when the LED is amber.
- Now follow the exact procedure mentioned in the “features and benefits” section below.
Take a note here. This machine is only meant to provide you information. It doesn’t involve in the pumping activity itself.
PumpSpy Review: Features And Benefits
Now let’s dig deeper into this PumpSpy PSO1000 review. Down below you will get to know all the amazing features of this smart outlet.
Easy Installation Process
The best thing about this machine is that it is super easy to install. It takes only 5 minutes.
- First, go to the play store and download the PumpSpy app.
- Now open the app and make an account. Keep answering the questions and you will have an account in no time.
- Now plug it into the pump. Wait till the LED light turns green.
- Connect the Wi-Fi.
- Again go to the app and permit it to send you notifications. Use any email or contact number you want.
How Will You Change The Wi-Fi Network?
- On your device, go to the Wi-Fi settings. You will find PumpSpy’s network. Connect to that network.
- Now you may have to sign up. Click the sign-in option when you reach the PumpSpy Provisioning page. Then select the “use the network as is” option.
- This step is only if you want to change the Wi-Fi server. Open a browser and enter a web address (you will find it in PumpSpy’s online manual). Then select your Wi-Fi network from the list provided.
- Now you are fully connected to the Wi-Fi. Enter your password and make sure it is correct.
Check Battery Status And Running Cycle At A Glance
The LED light on the machine indicates battery status. Plus, it knows how many amps your pump draws. When it notices more amps drawing than usual, it sends you immediate texts. It means that the pump is about to fail.
It also keeps track of the running cycle. If it runs more than usual without water, it may lead to burn-out.
Monitors Your Pump 24×7
It monitors your pump all the time. If you are out of the house, don’t worry. This PSO1000 is the trusted watch guard for your pump.
Using the PumpSpy app you get to know about the internet connection status, Wi-Fi signal strength, AC power status, sump pump status, or the water level status. And that’s not the end. You can see detailed information about the pump cycle like: total pump cycles by date, estimated GPH, last cycle time, today’s pump cycle, etc.
Alerts you During An Emergency
As soon as the PumpSpy senses urgency, it sends you a message. And you, sitting in your bed, get to know what’s going on with the pump. Isn’t it cool?
This smart outlet receives data from the AC-powered and battery backup sump pump. Then it sends this data to the monitoring system to record it. The monitoring system analyzes and organizes the data and gives these signals a meaningful term for you to understand.
Besides, the PumpSpy system can operate even when there is a power cut. It will send you a “power is out” message.
If you don’t like looking into the sump pit every other day, this sump pump accessory can be of great value to you. Unfortunately, this useful item is labeled as something luxurious. But that’s not true. People sometimes learn the necessity of a PumpSpy outlet while standing on knee-deep water. Now, you don’t want to learn it the hard way, do you?
A little investment in this system can save you thousands of dollars of repairing work. As some extra benefit, you get the peace of mind and a good night’s sleep.
Install it in your pump and that’s it. You know your basement is safe.
Hope you will be benefited from this PumpSpy review.
- Do not plug this outlet in the pump while standing on water.
- This system is not yet tested to be used in a swimming pool, recreational water foundation, etc.
- Always disconnect the pump from the main power source before servicing. It will reduce the risk of an electric shock.