A reliable sump pump is the most useful gift you can ever give to your house. It protects your house by collecting groundwater in a sump pit and directing it out of your basement. That’s why when it comes to sump pumps you don’t want to gamble with the quality.
Let’s face it. Who would want to waste the weekends cleaning up a flooded basement?
But don’t worry. Zoeller has brought you the m63 sump pump. It is a unique combination of durability and affordability.
In our Zoeller m63 reviews, we will be highlighting its features, what benefits you get, and how you can overcome the limitations.
So, without wasting any more time let’s dive in.
Table of Contents
- Introducing Zoeller m63 1/3 HP Submersible Sump Pump
- Problems You Might Face
- Zoeller M63 Reviews: Features And Benefits
- Alternatives You May Consider
- Wrapping Up
Introducing Zoeller m63 1/3 HP Submersible Sump Pump
Zoeller is one of the most trusted manufacturers in the sump pump industry. They have introduced so many models recently to fulfill their customer’s needs. The m63 is one of Zoeller’s premium models that offer reliability during tough situations.
Here are some important details of the Zoeller m63 sump pump. Have a look.
Zoeller m63 1/3HP Specifications:
- Manufacturer: Zoeller.
- Model number: 63-0001 or m63.
- Motor: 1/3 HP.
- It comes with a 10 inches cord.
- Max working temperature: 130 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Construction material: cast iron.
- Dimension: 10x10x7 inches and it weighs about 27.9 pounds.
- Maximum pumping height: 19.25 feet.
- Switch: electronic and mechanical.
- Voltage: 115V
- Amps draw: 9.7 amps.
- Flow rate: 2580 gallons per hour at o head.
- NPT discharge size: 1-1/2 inches.
- Minimum required diameter for sump basin: 15 inches.
While going through this article you may spot many similarities between this m63 and the m53-mighty mate sump pump. That’s because this pump is literally an upgrade version of the m53. It means you get all the benefits of the m53 and much more within the $200 price range.
- Housing material : Cast iron
- Horsepower : 3/10 HP
- 1-1/2" NPT discharge
- Maximum discharge flow : 43 gym
As an Amazon Associate PumpHow earns from qualifying purchases
What We Liked About This Product
- It is affordable (under$200).
- You can enjoy a noise-free service.
- It comes with a long warranty.
- The cast iron body adds to its longevity.
- It is 100% pressure tested in the factory.
- Doesn’t need repair after every couple of months.
Why We Didn’t Like
- Like every other submersible sump, it requires maintenance quite often.
- You can’t install it if your sump basin is less than 15 inches.
Who Is This Product For?
The Zoeller m63 sump pump can be the solution to your basement’s water issues.
We have prepared a list below. If you can relate to any of the following circumstances, this Zoeller m63 is all you need.
- The water level is low to medium. Your house is in a low lying area that faces frequent rain or snow.
- Your sump basin diameter is at least 15 inches.
- You have stored valuable furniture in your basement.
- You want to add some value to your house for the clients. What could be better than a top-notch sump pump?
- The flow rate of 2580 at 0 feet head is enough for your house.
- Your previous sump pump was a 1/3 HP pump.
- The basement walls are made from woods and any kind of moisture can cause huge damage.
Problems You Might Face
Zoeller m63 sump pump is the best dewatering machine within such a low price. But like any other product, it has some issues too. You can deal with these problems better if you know them early.
It will stop working during a power outage
Losing electricity is common during a heavy rainstorm. But that’s the time you want your pump to work properly. An AC pump will stop working as soon as it detects a power cut.
That’s why we suggest you a battery backup or DC pump. This pump works side by side with your AC pump and prevents flooding. Most of the batteries can run for 5 to 6 hours smoothly.
Damaged parts due to improper shipping
If you receive a damaged pump, don’t install it. As it comes with a manufacturer’s warranty, you can easily get a replacement or a refund. You need to contact Zoeller and let them know about your issue. Zoeller has always been loyal to its customers. You can expect a quick and helpful response.
Now, Zoeller m63 has 2 types of switch: electrical and mechanical. It promises you better safety. Still we read complaints about float switch failures.
The thing is no matter how advanced the switch is, it requires regular maintenance. You must make sure that the float is not touching anything and the basin has not moved. Debris may also attack the float as it remains in the water 24×7. Taking precautions will get you smoother operation.
Zoeller M63 Reviews: Features And Benefits
Here is the most awaited part of our Zoeller m63 reviews. In this section, we will simplify for you all the technical features this pump offers and how you can benefit from them.
Rugged cast iron construction
The rugged cast iron body of this pump gives it a long lifespan. Cast iron is considered the best pump housing material. It has anti-corrosive properties for better water protection. Since it always stays inside the basin, the waterproof body surely plays a role.
Moreover, cast iron material is better at heat dissipating. It ensures that the pump runs cooler without getting red spots.
Another amazing benefit you get is less thermal conductivity. It can handle hot water up to 130 degrees Fahrenheit without distorting its shape. It can survive thermal shocks successfully without any wear and tear.
1/3HP oil-filled submersible sump pump
This 1/3 HP motor can pump 2580 gallons per hour at 0 feet, 2040gph at 10 feet head, 1140gph at 15 feet head. Here head means the vertical length water has to cross through the discharge pipe.
There are pumps available with more horsepower. But more power means faster operation and more electricity consumption. This will eventually affect your electricity bill.
For an average house, we think this pump is more than enough.
Moreover, the inner chamber is filled with oil. Oil-filled motors are always more durable and preferable than any other kind. The bearings and fasteners are lubricated 24×7. Plus oil has more heat conductivity than air. The maintenance becomes easy and the pump runs smoothly.
No screen impellers
Clogged impellers can make the pump stop working. Sometimes debris or small pebbles get stuck into the impeller and make the rotating stop. When the impeller doesn’t rotate, the electric power converts into heat. Thus your pump can shut down completely due to overheating.
Zoeller m63 has non-screen impellers that will prevent such accidents. It can handle solids up to 1 to ½ inch spherical easily.
Powdered Epoxy Coating
Another amazing feature is powdered epoxy coating over the cast iron body. Epoxy is created by mixing a resin and hardener. It provides extra toughness, strength, and durability. The best quality of this coating is greater thermal insulation. That’s why the pump is resistant to impact and abrasion.
Moreover, it gives an aesthetic look to your pump and the paint is easily cleanable.
Advanced switch technology
Zoeller m63 comes with a polypropylene buoyant float switch. This mechanical switch works just like all the other float switches from Zoeller. It uses a magnetic force to send a signal to the pump.
Now, for safer performance, Zoeller has also included an electrical switch. This switch is more compact. It sends an electronic signal to trigger the pump.
Zoeller m63 submersible sump pump has some more features to offer you. Have a look.
- We know it is an upgrade version of Zoeller m53. That’s why it is also able to provide noise-free service. Besides, it is easier to install even for a newbie. Make sure you follow the instruction manual carefully.
- It features neoprene square rings to seal everything inside the sump pit. We know what could happen if the seal allows any leakage. This airtight seals can handle the pressure of air and water easily. Thus you get a bone-dry basement in the morning.
Alternatives You May Consider
Looking for something similar but not this model exactly? Well take a look at the below options –
As an Amazon Associate PumpHow earns from qualifying purchases
A box store pump will be cheaper initially. But it will require many repairs throughout its life. Plus you don’t want your sump pump to fail during heavy rain, right?
Zoeller m63 sump pump is designed for residential and light commercial use. Its rugged cast iron body ensures a long lifecycle and advanced switch technology provides backup support during emergencies. You can sleep better knowing that your basement won’t flood.
That’s why Zoeller m63 is a sump pump that surely deserves your serious look.
Thank you for keeping up with our Zoeller m63 reviews.
You deserve some tips:
- Attach a 1-1/2 inch threaded fitting to the discharge pipe.
- Check the float switch from time to time to make sure that it isn’t touching anything.
- Adding a check valve will be great. It will make sure that the water keeps going upward through the pipe without turning back.
- Since it is very affordable you can’t expect a 15-20 year lifespan. You should think about a replacement after 7-10 years of service.