Are you tired looking for the best sump pump for your basement? And maybe you don’t have time to search through the net all day long. Well, you have come to the right place.
Our hero for today is the liberty 237 automatic submersible sump pump. It will provide impressive strength, flow rate, and credibility.
In this liberty 237 sump pump reviews, we will analyze this pump thoroughly. You will get to know about the features, benefits, and also the limitations. We will try to simplify the technical stuff for your better understanding.
We know how tiring it is to surf the internet to find the right pump for your house. That’s why we have done the research so that you don’t have to.
Okay, here we go.
Introducing Liberty 237 Automatic Sump Pump
Liberty Pumps is a trusted sump pump manufacturer, and you can expect nothing but the best from them. Their pumps can easily last 10 years and can save your electricity bill up to 40%. If you are looking for a reliable brand and quality pump then liberty 237 sump pump is your answer.
Check out the essential details of this sump pump down below.
Liberty 237 Automatic Sump Pump Specifications:
- Manufacturer: Liberty Pumps.
- Model number: 237.
- Dimension: 9.6×9.6×10.5.
- It weighs about 11 pounds.
- It is made and assembled in the USA.
- Maximum working temperature: 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pump housing: deep-finned powder-coated aluminum.
- Impeller material: polypropylene.
- Power: 1/3 HP and amps draw: 5.2 Amp.
- The minimum requirement of the sump pit diameter is 10 inches.
- It comes with a 10-foot long cord.
- The flow rate is 3450 RPM.
- The maximum head is 21 feet.
Who Is This Product For?
No product is made to satisfy everybody. That’s why before we describe this pump, you should know if it can really satisfy you or not. After all, buying a sump pump is a long term investment.
We have prepared a list for you. If you can relate to the following circumstances, this liberty 237 pump is all you need.
- You live in a low-lying area and the water level of your basement is low to medium.
- Your old sump pump was 1/3HP and it was enough.
- You have stored wooden furniture in the crawlspace. You don’t want any moisture and mold to cause damage.
- You are planning to sell the house. A top-quality sump pump will add value.
- The flow rate of 37 GPM at a 5-foot head is sufficient for you. Keep in mind that the flow rate decreases as the head keep increasing.
Things I Liked About This Product
- It is easy to install.
- It provides a quieter or noise-free service.
- It has non-corrosive parts to prevent rusting.
- The construction material is tough and durable.
- It can fit into narrow sump pits easily.
- It comes with a 3-year manufacturer’s warranty.
Things I Didn’t Like
- 1/3HP power may not be sufficient for handling tough water emergencies.
Problems You Might Face
To make your selection process easier, we will now discuss the difficulties you might have to face. Don’t worry. We will also provide a solution to every complication we describe here.
The power Cord Can Be Too Small
We already know that the pump includes a 10-foot long cord. But some of the customers have complained about the cord being too short. The pump is useless if you can’t plug it in.
You can solve this issue by asking for a replacement. Liberty Pumps will provide you an alternative cord that is much longer.
The Pump Is Running But Not Pumping
Now this problem is significant and can be caused by different reasons. It can happen if the discharge pipe is blocked. In this case, check the pipe for any foreign object. Sometimes debris, stones can block the pipe.
Again, it may happen if the check valve is installed backward. To solve this, remove the valve and replace it properly.
Finally, if the total lift is out of the pump’s capacity, the pump may not work. In such a case, try to route piping to a lower level. Or you will need a larger pump.
Liberty 237 Sump Pump Reviews: Features And Benefits
Here is the most awaited section of this liberty 237 sump pump reviews. So without wasting any more time let’s dive in.
1/3 HP Oil-filled And Powerful Motor
Power is the key factor while choosing the right sump pump for your basement. Generally, a 1/3 HP motor is sufficient for an average household. The flow rate of 37 GPM at the 5-foot head is also impressive. Here, head refers to the vertical length that the water needs to rise through a discharge pipe.
Take a note here. If the water level of your house is higher, you should opt for a ½ HP sump pump.
Moreover, the cavity of the motor is filled with oil. It means all the bearings and fasteners are lubricated 24×7. It saves you the trouble of opening up the motor for lubrication. Also, oil has more heat conductivity than air or water. This surprising quality helps your motor to run for hours without overheating.
Quiet And Efficient Automatic Submersible Pump
Liberty 237 sump pump is designed to stay inside the sump pit 24×7. That’s why it is safer for toddlers and pets. You can install the pump and seal the hole perfectly. It helps you to avoid accidents. Plus, a submerged pump is quieter than a pedestal one. No more ‘hump’ sound to ruin your sleep.
As the name suggests, the liberty 237 pump is automatic. The best benefit of an automatic pump is the peace of mind. Unlike a manual pump, you don’t have to hurry down to the basement whenever the weather is rainy. It has the ability and tools to detect the rise in water level and start pumping.
Though it is a little pricey than a manual pump, your peace of mind is totally worth it.
Deep-finned Powder-coated Aluminum Motor housing
Unlike other top-notch sump pumps, liberty 237 motor housing is made of deep-finned powder-coated aluminum. It is 225% more capable of dissipating heat than cast iron. That’s why it ensures a cooler operation for a very long time. Cooler operation also results in a longer lifespan.
Besides, the material makes the pump stronger. It works efficiently and can handle a large amount of water without wear and tear.
So now you know why this pump claims to be reliable and durable.
Stainless-steel Fasteners And Rotor Shaft
We all know how important it is to keep water away from the pump’s inner chamber. In fact, a small amount of water can cause serious damage to the effectiveness of the pump.
Thankfully, the liberty 237 pump features non-corrosive stainless steel fasteners and rotor shaft. Since the pump stays inside the water, it is exposed to corrosion or rust always. These non-corrosive fasteners are designed to pass the test of time.
Besides, stainless-steel is more resistant to heat. That’s why the shaft and fasteners don’t lose their original shape due to thermal shocks. Even if you are dealing with hot liquid, don’t worry about your pump getting deformed.
Easy Installation And Maintenance
If you are not a technical savvy, then installing a sump pump can be your biggest nightmare. Luckily, the liberty 237 sump pump is pre-assembled for the ease of customers. You can easily set it up without a helping hand.
The detailed instruction manual will show you the process step by step. But if you are a first-timer, we advise you to get help.
- The vortex impeller is able to use centrifugal force to move water. As a result, debris and pebbles would have no contact with the impeller itself.
- The pump also features thermal protection. It means whenever the temperature is high, the sensors send a signal to the pump and halt the operation immediately. It saves your pump from serious damage.
- It also includes watertight seals to keep all the water inside the sump pit.
Check out our comparison between the best Liberty sump pumps.
This liberty 237 submersible sump pump is all set to protect your house from the water monster for a long time. The health of your family depends on the health of your resident. For this reason, you shouldn’t gamble with the quality while selecting a sump pump.
With such built-to-last quality and useful features, the liberty 237 sump pump truly deserves a serious look.
Hope you benefited from this liberty 237 sump pump reviews.
You deserve some tips. Have a look.
- Do not carry the pump using the power cord. It may cause a severe problem.
- If the pump is installed during the construction of the basement, it must be protected from the environment. It will prevent water from entering through the power cord.
- Do not place the pump directly on the earth, debris, or gravel. It can cause excessive damage to the impeller.